Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Flash Class #3






So we had our third photo class tonight, and our second round of assignments to review. Overall I had a 'A' in the fill flash portion of the assignment, but a 'C' at best on the 'environmental portrait' portion. I basically used fill flash as best I could to capture Adrian and Jess when they'd give me a few minutes, but really needed to get out and capture people in their own unique settings. I could have found some great people/settings in Phoenix, but frankly, at 115 degrees, I was willing to take the C, stay by the pool, and work on something more creative back in Los Angeles. This week should be a blast, and I'm off to Samy's tomorrow to pick up some colored gels and a wireless transmitter for some multiple off-camera flash action. We teamed up in class and had a blast. I'll do most of this assignment in Montauk since Adrian will be available full time to watch Jess when I need to wander off and talk to strangers.

No comments: